Thursday, September 11, 2014

9 days and counting...

Well we are under the ten day mark, believe it or not. I have officially started stalking the weather. Not that it makes much of a difference- I have no control over the weather, but it will make a difference in how I prepare mentally. I know if it's hotter, then I will need to  prepare with grabbing ice to keep my core cool and sponges to make sure the heat doesn't get to me. While 80 degrees (current prediction) might not seem too bad, biking constantly in the sun with no break will make it feel warmer. 

I still feel like it is all a dream. I can't believe that the day I have been preparing for for over a year is pretty much here.  I started thinking about this when I signed up for the Richmond marathon in November this year. I was also thinking ironman when I did the bay swim.  All of this endurance has been building for over a year and I am reminding myself of this each time I freak out. I hope I did enough training and I really just need to trust that. 

Going into this, I don't really have an expectation of time. I want to just finish. I have a goal time for the swim and an idea of the pace I want on the bike.  Other than that, my main goal is to just finish. And I want to enjoy it. I have worked so hard and I really want to take in all of race day.   The whole experience. Registration. The Expo.  The volunteers.  Everything. I just want to enjoy it. I know it's going to be tough. I know mentally I am going to be pushing myself as my body says it doesn't want to do anymore.  As much as I feel nervous about it being race day, I also want it to be race day. 

9 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment