Sunday, June 1, 2014

Holy hilly ride batman

I am going to try and summarize my week of training.  And not make it sound boring....if anyone is actually reading this. To my future self who will look back on this post-ironman: I hope the training I did was good enough to get me across that finish under 17.

First off, I had to take the break from swimming which sucked. My soul manages better when I swim.  It just does.  I finally gave in (and the cut looked much improved) and swam today.  And it felt glorious.  My body was tired; I ran before the swim and the super-ridic-hilly bike on Saturday also added some additional fatigue. But, I still managed a really nice feeling and on-target swim. Bring it bay.  I can't wait. 

My long run was pretty okay.  The last mile of it was at a 9:30 minute pace which felt really good.  I forget that I am training for a marathon again.  It seems surreal.  I just group everything into the title ironman and forget the individual events that includes.  So crazy. 

I am trying not to worry-i find that's my biggest downfall. I get too anxious sometimes.  I need to start kicking up the bike and really adding on the miles...that's my weakest and the longest portion.  So the game plan is a nice and easy 25-30 next weekend so as not to kill my legs before the bay swim and then trying to tack on a 60.

Thank god tomorrow is a rest day.  Hoping to get in 10+ training hours next week.  Due to not swimming, only manages 8.5 this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment