Tuesday, May 27, 2014

On the swimming Bench

Well, courtesy of this annoying cut:
I am currently on the swimming bench until it heals. The problem is, had I not been swimming on it the last week, it may be further along in the healing process then where it currently is. But, being the idiot that I am at times, I just kept swimming. (Say that and don't think about Dorry from finding nemo-you can't, can you?) So in order to prevent further delay of this healing process, I am going to just keep myself out of the pool. Which is tough. I like swimming. I also am going to try my best not to worry about losing fitness or endurance. I completed an 8,000 yard swim last week and felt good. My fitness is there and I have to remind myself to trust my training for this Bay. Plus, if the cut doesn't heal, then I will not be in the Bay at all because the last thing I need is a bacteria infection for swimming 2+ hours in the awful bay.

So I guess I will just do some more strength training and use the tubing exercises (thank you Sheila for those.

Overall, the last weekend went well. I rounded out the end of my training week with a light swim in the morning on sunday in the wetsuit. I always forget how incredible easy it is to swim in my wetsuit. I forget and then start to worry that I will somehow not be able to swim as well, but as soon as I jump into the water with the wetsuit and get going. Well, it's like nothing else. I love open water swimming-can't wait for this race and to look up and be seeing the bay bridge above me. I think about it now and it just seems like it will be amazing. As soon as it is 10 days away, I will be stalking that forecast like no other. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather and a nice current.

My run on sunday was a whole different matter. I could not get going. I had some GI issues in the morning (thank you sensitive system) which left me feeling not 100%. So when I went out to run (much later in the day than anticipated), I just could not get going and what was supposed to be a 7 mile run turned into a 3.5. I told myself it didn't matter and that it was better than nothing so hopefully I can redeem myself this week for such a crappy run. This upcoming week I hope to really get on board with the schedule now that my tuesday night evening class is over. Tonight I hope to beat out the impending thunder storms with going down to Hains Point in DC for some bike laps. Apparently it is a fairly popular location-we will see what it has in store.

Hopeful training hours this week: 10-13


No comments:

Post a Comment