Sunday, May 25, 2014

Is this bay swim over yet?

Today is, as I like to think of it, phase 3 in my weekend workouts. 

Friday I started with my usual long swim.  8,000 yards in the pool, back and forth, back and forth....it makes me wonder what the life guards think when I show up and then leave two and a half hours later.  But alas, I finished the swim and felt strangely good.  You know that you are swimming too much when a 4,000 feels like warm up and 6,000 still feels pretty good. I am ready for this bay swim to be over. Soon. 

Saturday turned out to be a super nice bike through the farm roads of davidsonville md.  A route I though would be flat turned out to be more hills than flat road.  There were some nice rollers and some challenging ones that took me out of the saddle.   In the end, I finished the near 50 mile (48.6) bike with energy to spare and not wanting to quit biking all together.  I think this has something to do with my new steed, a blue triad ex TT bike.  I am in love with it. 

The rest of my workout today includes a 3-4,000 yd swim with the wetsuit followed by a 6-7 mile run.  Last week I felt pretty decent with the run...we will see how today goes. 
Not sure how many days until ironman....should figure that out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment